"Having been married for only 3 weeks, we were just home from our honeymoon, unpacking, building our new life, and excited for our first home.
We were on track. We were headed toward our goals. We were right on schedule. I was a nurse and Kevin had just started his third year of medical school.
In an instant, it all changed. An explosion in our home initiated the scariest challenge ever given: the fight for our lives.
While Kevin was also injured, his recovery is often overshadowed by mine. Even so, he endured much pain as well, having:
• 35% of his body burned mostly to the 2nd degree.
• Some 3rd degree.
• 2 days in the burn ICU.
• 3 weeks hospitalized.
• 4 surgeries.
• 96% of my body was burned to the 2nd and 3rd degree.
(Chance of survival, slim).
• 2 weeks of a medically-induced coma.
• 3 months in a burn ICU.
• 2 months in a rehab hospital.
• 27 surgeries.
So, many other things... One day, we will talk about it all.
Words cannot articulate all of my feelings, but God...
He stepped in that day, exactly one year ago, and He’s been there every painful day since then."
-Kevin and Medley Bokun, a newlywed couple, shares their story in this episode and lessons learned from the first year of marriage.
- IG: @medleyregan
- FB Group Page: Kevin and Medley's Road to Recovery
- FOUNDATIONS: https://amzn.to/2RaXF7g
- SEXPECTATIONS: https://amzn.to/2GbVMRA
- REALIZATIONS: https://amzn.to/3brNTWh