March 24, 2020
"Isn't it the church's job to teach my children about the Bible?"
This is a sentiment that is all-too-often shared by many busy, young married couples throughout North America.
Now more than ever, we need to be equipped as parents to pour into the hearts of our children at home. We met Justin Jeter in a hotel lobby when we were doing a marriage seminar in Arkansas last year and he was doing a children's conference in the same town. The more we learned about Justin and Hillary, the more we got excited about connecting with them and their ministry.
Justin and Hillary Jeter are the founders of THE RESOLUTE FAMILY, and they're also the Family Pastor and Director of the ECE ministry at their local church. They have such creative ideas about discipling your children at home and they even have free resources available for you!
In this podcast, Justin and Hillary share practical tips for us as young, married parents and they give so many examples for you to implement right away (and Lord knows we need more help in the home during the COVID-19 crisis).
Here are their book/resource recommendations:
- Five-Minute Fatherhood Podcast
- 31 Creative Ways to Build Your Family Team by Jeremy and Kelsey Pryor
- From Tablet to Table by Leonard Sweet
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles by Paul David Tripp
- Sticky Faith by Kara E. Powell
- Usborne Book of Bible Stories
- Friends with God Story Bible
- WordSong Scripture Memorization by Denee Varnum
Here's a link to our sponsor, Relate Foundation. (Use our code DYMC for 20% off your assessment!)